GHI has announced on their Facebook page that tonight’s Board of Directors Meeting (March 19, 2020) will be held via conference call. Read the post below for more information (Credit: Greenbelt Homes Facebook page).
Link for conference call: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/536171877
Credit: Greenbelt Homes Facebook page
It’s that time of year again: The GHI Annual Meeting is just around the corner. On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 7:30pm, the Annual Meeting will commence. Elections for the GHI Board of Directors and Audit Committee will take place during the annual meeting, as well as the presentation of member agenda items. Here are some upcoming dates to mark on your calendars:
- Tuesday, March 10: The Nominations and Elections (N&E) Committee makes their first announcement of candidates
- Thursday, April 9: Members may propose an agenda item by petition to Secretary Ed James or GHI office
- Tuesday, April 28 at 7:30pm: Candidates’ Forum in the City Council Room, Greenbelt Municipal Building
- Thursday, April 30 by 5:00pm: Candidates must submit consent forms (found here) to GHI office or N&E Committee member
- Thursday, May 5: Final deadline for candidates to submit nominations by written petition
- Thursday, May 7 at 12:00pm – Wednesday, May 13 at 12:00pm: Members may pick up applications for absentee ballots at GHI office
- Wednesday, May 13 at 12:00pm: Deadline to submit applications for absentee ballots
- Thursday, May 14 at 7:30pm: GHI Annual Meeting at the Community Center Gym; read about Roberts’ Rules of Order here.
- Thursday, May 14 after meeting and Friday, May 15 from 7:00-10:00am & 5:00-8:00pm: Polls open
- Friday, May 15: Election results announced
For complete information, see the GHI Elections page and the Candidates’ Packet.