The GHI Nominations and Elections Committee is still accepting candidates for the 2020 GHI Elections. Members can run for Board of Directors, Audit Committee, or Nominations and Elections Committee. The following positions are available:
- Board of Directors: 4 positions with 2 current candidates (as of 4/13/2020)
- Audit Committee: 3 positions with 3 current candidates (as of 4/13/2020)
- Nominations and Elections Committee: 5 positions with 4 current candidates (as of 4/13/2020)
The May 14, 2020 Annual Meeting has been postponed; this means that the deadlines for candidacy applications have also been postponed. Applications will be accepted up to 14 days prior to the Annual Meeting (rescheduled date TBD). See the GHI website for more information and to get the candidate’s packet: https://www.ghi.coop/content/ghi-elections.
GHI has announced on their Facebook page that tonight’s Board of Directors Meeting (March 19, 2020) will be held via conference call. Read the post below for more information (Credit: Greenbelt Homes Facebook page).
Link for conference call: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/536171877
Credit: Greenbelt Homes Facebook page
It’s that time of year again: The GHI Annual Meeting is just around the corner. On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 7:30pm, the Annual Meeting will commence. Elections for the GHI Board of Directors and Audit Committee will take place during the annual meeting, as well as the presentation of member agenda items. Here are some upcoming dates to mark on your calendars:
- Tuesday, March 10: The Nominations and Elections (N&E) Committee makes their first announcement of candidates
- Thursday, April 9: Members may propose an agenda item by petition to Secretary Ed James or GHI office
- Tuesday, April 28 at 7:30pm: Candidates’ Forum in the City Council Room, Greenbelt Municipal Building
- Thursday, April 30 by 5:00pm: Candidates must submit consent forms (found here) to GHI office or N&E Committee member
- Thursday, May 5: Final deadline for candidates to submit nominations by written petition
- Thursday, May 7 at 12:00pm – Wednesday, May 13 at 12:00pm: Members may pick up applications for absentee ballots at GHI office
- Wednesday, May 13 at 12:00pm: Deadline to submit applications for absentee ballots
- Thursday, May 14 at 7:30pm: GHI Annual Meeting at the Community Center Gym; read about Roberts’ Rules of Order here.
- Thursday, May 14 after meeting and Friday, May 15 from 7:00-10:00am & 5:00-8:00pm: Polls open
- Friday, May 15: Election results announced
For complete information, see the GHI Elections page and the Candidates’ Packet.
The following email was sent by GHI on Thursday, December 27, 2018 announcing a vacancy on The Board:
|GHI Board of Directors Seeking to Fill Vacant Board Member Position
Mr. Paul Kapfer will be resigning from the GHI Board of Directors with effect from December 31, 2018. The Board thanks Paul for his 1½ years of service as a Board member. His contributions will be greatly missed.
In accordance with GHI’s bylaws, the vacancy resulting from Mr. Kapfer’s resignation shall be filled by the remaining membership of the Board, until the next annual meeting of the membership.
GHI members who are interested in being considered for the position should inform GHI’s Management Office, no later than January 14, 2019. This can be done either by submitting your names in writing via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, regular mail or in person to Cashielle Nelson at GHI’s Management office, 1, Hamilton Place, Greenbelt, MD 20770.