Did you know that just one (1) dog can produce 248 pounds of dog waste a year? If you multiply that number by 151,000, the number of registered dogs in Prince George’s County, you are talking about 37,448,000 pounds of dog waste per year.
About 60% of dog waste is picked up. The remaining 40% translates into more than 40,000 pounds of poop left on the ground each day in Prince George’s County. In other words, more than 40,000 pounds of untreated raw sewage daily. What do you do to encourage people who do not pick up pet waste, to do so?