On Monday, June 10, 2019, Mr. Joseph Douglas, an attorney with the firm of Whiteford, Taylor and Preston, conducted a training for the 2019-2020 GHI Board of Directors. Mr. Douglas has more than 30 years of experience working with condominiums, housing cooperatives and planned communities in Maryland and the District of Columbia. The topics that were covered included:
- Board Member Responsibilities,
- Effective Board Meetings and Operations,
- Fiduciary Duties of the Board, Committees and the Manager,
- Reviewing and Amending Governance Documents, and
- General Questions and Answers.