Members United hosted our first ever livestream on April 17, 2019 to review the results of our livestream survey. In case you missed it, you can still view it here on our YouTube channel. You can view the survey for complete results.
The survey was completed by 77 members. Here are a few highlights of what they said (percentages have been rounded to the nearest whole number):
- 23% have never attended a meeting of the Board of Directors and 24% have never attended any other GHI meetings (such as annual meetings, special membership meetings, etc.).
- 90% believe that it benefits the co-op when they attend meetings, however only 65% believe that it benefits them when they attend meetings.
- 71% would like to engage more in Board meetings than they currently do.
- Some major reasons that would encourage members to attend meetings more than they currently do include: if the agenda was made more clear to members, if members felt the agenda items applied more to them, if the meetings were shorter in duration, and if the meetings were more accessible (physical accessibility and ability to hear Board members more clearly).
- 96% say that technology is an important part of their everyday lives.
- 79% say they would be more likely to engage in Board meetings if they were livestreamed.
- 87% believe that livestreaming is relevant to GHI and its members, and they also believe it is a way to engage members more fully in the Board meeting process.
- 83% think that livestreaming is a safe and secure option to engage GHI members in Board meetings.
- Only 39% say they are knowledgeable about livestreaming and its security features; however, 52% would like to learn more about livestream options and security features.